Hamish has worked all his professional career in business litigation. His work involves proceedings in the civil courts and the Employment Tribunal, where he regularly appears as an advocate. He has particular experience in employment related disputes and covenants in restraint of trade.
Hamish has been involved in several significant cases, all of which were successful, including:
- Mainmet Holdings PLC v Austin  (Successful defence to allegation of breach of duty of confidentiality)  FSR 538, 544 (Lionel Swift QC)
- UK Safety Group Ltd v Heane 1998] 2 BCLC 208 (Successful defence to breach of restrictive covenant case)
- GPS Marine Contractors v Ringway Infrastructure Services  BLR 377 (successful defence to summary judgement application following adjudication award)
- Thomson Ecology Ltd and another v APEM Ltd and others  EWHC 2875 (Ch) (successful summary judgement application for breach of duty of fidelity)
- Transformers & Rectifiers Ltd v Needs Limited  EWHC 269 (TCC) (Successful argument that buyer’s terms and conditions of business had not been incorporated into a contract of supply)
- Transformers & Rectifiers Ltd v Needs Limited  EWHC 1687 (TCC) (Successful argument that one judge was able to summarily assess costs incurred before another judge at a previous hearing).
- Ringway Infrastructure Services Ltd v. Conlon  UK EAT 0256 18 1502
Hamish has been our Employment Law Solicitor for more than twenty years. He and his colleagues at GBH Law are always knowledgeable, helpful and straight forward which makes them so easy to deal with. Hamish in particular takes time to understand our business and our own level of knowledge so he can adapt his advice to suit. He offers solid employment law advice and practical solutions in a language we and our Managers understand and appreciate. Kristine Pollock, Group People Director, Eurovia Management