GBH Law is looking for a full-time paralegal to provide legal assistance and administrative support to its busy Corporate team. The role will involve:
- Assisting with various administrative tasks for team members, including file opening and closing procedures, file management, and compliance.
- Supporting document management, including version control and amending documents.
- Drafting ancillary documents on transactional matters (following appropriate training and supervision).
- Conducting Companies House and other online searches.
- Managing online data rooms.
- Assisting with billing processes where appropriate.
While full training will be provided, the ideal candidate for the role should be friendly, approachable, and enthusiastic and possess:
- A keen interest in corporate and commercial law and legal practice.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent IT skills, proficient in using Office 365.
- The ability to prioritise their workload and meet deadlines.
- Collaboration skills, working well with other team members and being willing to support and help others.
We will require the successful candidate to work initially in our office in Godalming. After a successful probation period, they may choose to work one day a week from home, if preferred.
GBH Law is a friendly and welcoming workplace, and we take pride in our exceptional workplace culture and employee-centric practices. In 2023, we were delighted to be shortlisted for Employer of the Year at the Surrey Law Society Awards.
Our Corporate team plays a central role in the firm’s success and has achieved recognition by being shortlisted for Team of the Year at the Surrey Law Society Awards in 2023 and for Corporate Law Team of the Year at the Insider Media South-East Deal Maker awards in 2021.
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you and you believe you might be the right fit for us, we would love to hear from you. If you would like to explore this opportunity with us, please get in touch with Kate Doody.
31 January 2024.