GBH Law is an award-winning Legal 500 commercial law firm based in Godalming, Surrey. We are looking for an experienced corporate lawyer to join our Corporate Team to work with our existing directors Kate Doody and Denise Herrington, and associate solicitors Clare Stephens and Chloe Wallington.
GBH Law has earned a reputation as an outstanding law firm that attracts and retains top talent due to our exceptional workplace culture and employee-centric practices. In 2023, we were delighted to be shortlisted for Employer of the Year at the Surrey Law Society Awards.
GBH Law is a friendly and welcoming firm, and we offer flexibility and a modern approach to the law. We embrace flexible working with a mixture of office-based and home working. Typically, fee earners work two days a week in the office and the rest of the time from home. Over the last few years, we have invested heavily in IT and telephone systems to ensure that the hybrid working model does not impact service to clients, and that fee earners and support team members feel fully supported and connected.
Our Corporate Team is central to the firm’s success and was shortlisted for Team of the Year at the Surrey Law Society Awards in 2023. Both Denise Herrington and Kate Doody have been shortlisted for Corporate Lawyer of the Year in 2021 and 2022 and are personally mentioned in the Legal 500, alongside associate Chloe Wallington. The Corporate Team was also shortlisted for Corporate Law Team of the Year at the Insider Media South East Deal Maker awards in 2021.
We are looking for an experienced, friendly and enthusiastic corporate lawyer who:
- Has the practical experience and technical ability to take the lead (with appropriate supervision) in advising clients on corporate transactions, such as share sales/purchases or assets sales/purchases, investments and MBOs.
- Can confidently advise clients on more routine corporate matters, such as shareholder agreements, internal restructurings and share buybacks.
- Has good communication skills, can give clear advice to clients, and can communicate with colleagues effectively.
- Can demonstrate an ability to build strong professional relationships (internally and externally).
- Has good IT skills, has experience of using a case management system and is proficient in using Office 365.
- Works well with other team members and can provide support and encouragement to more junior fee earners.
- Is interested in growing their client base and happy to network with other professionals and clients.
We are open to this being a part-time role, but due to the anticipated workload, we do require a minimum commitment of four days a week. Several members of our Corporate Team work part-time, and we are all accustomed to supporting each other to enable this arrangement to work smoothly for our fee earners and our clients. For the right candidate, there exist promising long-term opportunities, including the potential for directorship and share ownership.
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you and you believe you might be the right fit for us, we would love to hear from you. If you would like to explore this opportunity with us, please get in touch with Kate Doody.
Full-time or part-time.