GBH Law Limited is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of your personal data.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This policy may be updated from time to time so do please check it regularly.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is GBH Law Limited. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Denise Herrington. Any questions, comments or queries relating to this policy should be addressed to us at email@example.com.
Information we may collect from you
By visiting our website you are not obliged to provide us with any information about who you are or share any personal data with us. If, however, you choose to provide us with any information about you then you accept that we may contact you by using any of the information that you provide to us. This will include (where provided) contacting you by email, telephone, fax or by post.
You can at anytime ask that we cease contacting you by any or all of means outlined above by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Similarly if any information we hold about you is out of date or has been changed we would be pleased to hear from you either by email to email@example.com or by post to us at 7/8 Innovation Place, Douglas Drive, Godalming, Surrey GU7 1JX with your new details.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information and details of our services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- To add your details to our database so that we may contact you with details of events that we will be undertaking or promoting or to send to you copies of e-shots, legal updates and other information that we think may be of interest to you;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To add your details to any attendee list of events hosted by us (whether alone or with a third party) and where you accept an invitation to attend;
- To deal with any job applications that you may make;
- To process and use for marketing purposes any information provided to us via feedback forms or in response to market research surveys we or others may undertake.
Sharing your information
We do not share your personal information with any third party except in the limited circumstances identified above or where you cannot be identified from the information disclosed or in circumstances where a third party is acting on our behalf to undertake specifically agreed projects for us.
Disclosing your information
We may disclose your personal information:
- to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets); or
- if GBH Law Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party (in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of the transferred assets); or
- where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Where we store your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures to try and prevent any unauthorised access.
We may collect information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service to you. They enable us to analyse visitor use of our site, to evaluate visitor preferences and activity levels.
Dated 1 September 2010
© GBH Law Limited